Sunday, July 20, 2008

Why is it so hard?

Why is so hard for me to remember to bring my reusable bags to the store? I am getting better about remembering to bring them to the grocery store, but I am useless at remembering to bring them anywhere else. Since watching the 30 Days episode about going off the grid, I feel guilty every time a new plastic bag comes into my possession. I think about it sitting in a landfill for thousands and thousands of years. I think about poor Wall-E having to crush and spit my plastic bags out into a part of a giant skyscraper of waste.
Hopefully these guilt motivators will help me remember!

3 comments:

  1. You can bring all your old plastic bags and recycle them! I know Kroger has a bin for plastic bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep my reusable bags in the car so I don't have to worry about remembering them. I also keep a simple cloth tote in the bag I carry with me (it's not quite a purse, but functions as one) so I have at least one bag if I do any spur of the moemnt shopping. I have a friend that makes these simple and reversable totes, and I think charges $5-8 for them. If you're interested, let me know.

    Also, we've talked about collecting plastic grocery bags to knit into reusable sturdier bags, so if you're looking for somewhere else to recycle them (that will keep them out of a landfill) talk to me about that too.

    ReplyDelete