Monday, January 26, 2009

The Week of Eating Dangerously

My friend the nutritionist, we'll call her Ms. RD (for "registered dietitian"), started a new job today and had to move out to Nashville's furthest out ring of 'burbs, so I'm thinking it will take her all this week to come up with parameters for me of what to eat, how much, and when. I'm really wanting a list of how often and how much I can eat (and drink) certain things.

This week started out badly. I went to a pizza party and Cracker Barrel yesterday, so it was pretty calorie heavy. I decided that while Ms. RD gets settled in, I will eat up all the bad food I have in the house, plan what I'm going to buy at the grocery store, and generally have a last week pigout. (I also went out for Indian today).

So I'm not going to watch anything. Hopefully by next Monday, I'll feel ready to start reining in the waistband because I will be sick to death of the excesses of "The Week of Eating Dangerously." It actually worked for me and smoking. I smoked myself silly, chain, one after the other, the night before I quit and I was so sick of it that I decided to stop altogether. Maybe food will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment