Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baaaad Weekend

Imperfection from me once again, I'm afraid. This weekend, I've been focused on getting my house on the market and have worked morning 'til night Friday, Saturday and Sunday getting ready for my open house today. I haven't had too much time or opportunity to cook. My kitchen has been a mess. I've had my parents over, who won't eat "rabbit food," drink tea ALL the time and are pretty driven individuals, so it's been hard to take a break to make food or snack.

My mother and I have managed this quite well over the past month or so that we've been working on the house and we've mostly made healthy choices and meals, but the past couple of days have been really down to the wire. Yesterday, I ordered pizza for the parents. Today I made fruit tea and cookies for the open house (I ate a couple of cookies!) and when it was over, my mother and I went to Logan's for dinner. I wasn't too well behaved there either. I ordered a good meal: petite steak vegetables and rice, but I did eat two rolls before dinner arrived.

Tomorrow, life returns to routine more, so I am getting up and going running in the morning before I go to my 1st job. No excuses from me now. I am penitent and determined to do better this week.

2 comments:

  1. ah Miss B, these things happen, and you're responding exactly as you should. It's not the end of the world to have a bad day (or weekend), but it's how you react that's the important part. Ordering a pizza or whatever every once in a while is part of life, and you can't eat like a saint all the time. As I've said before, it is all about balancing it out. OK, you had a not so great weekend, but now you're on track and all will be well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, didn't go running on Monday morning because I was exhausted from the open house stress/getting ready. But yes now it's back to eating well. The pizza and cookies actually made me feel a little sick after eating well for the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete