Monday, March 9, 2009

Food (b)Log #12

I still need to do these every once in a while, just so I can let Ms. RD know what I'm eating and she can check up on me and make sure I'm still doing everything right.

Breakfast:

1 small whole wheat roll with 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp jam.
Mandarin Orange

Lunch:

1 bowl of leftover spaghetti carbonara (made with minimal olive oil, 1 beaten egg, and about 1/2 tablespoon parmesan cheese per serving). I made the carbonara with vegetables instead of meat, so it contained onions, mushrooms, green beans, green onions and tomatoes too.

I pear

Dinner:

4 oz Mahi Mahi, sauteed
1 serving Polenta, also sauteed (there were about 3 slices)
1 tomato, sauteed
About 2 cups fresh spinach, wilted
About 1 tablespoon olive oil (I "misto"ed, but quite liberally as the polenta was sticking).

Dessert:

1 banana
1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon pecans

2 comments:

  1. still sounds pretty good Miss B. I especially like the fruit dessert.
    When the weather gets warmer, like it is for the moment, I love to incorporate lots of fresh fruits and veggies. It just seems so much easier to do when it's warm outside. It's light and refreshing and hydrating. Speaking of hydrating... where's the water or other beverages? Remember, the body works best at metabolizing when it's getting enough water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I drink a lot of fizzy water. Just the natural kind, no sodium, no aspartame or anything like that. I tend to drink at least two or three cans of that a day, plus I carry around a stainless steel water bottle. Today I forgot to go out with either, and by the time I got to my client's house I was parched! I'm trying to drink as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete