Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Food (b)Log #2

Breathe a sigh of relief with me. Ahhhh. Today has been better, as in, I haven't been starving and/or snapping at people. Good sign.

I started my day again with the Weetabix and milk with a cup of tea. I meant to have an orange, but I forgot because I was actually full at that point.

I made a wrap again, actually more like a giant taco with the same tortilla wraps, 4oz of the leftover chicken, about 1/4 cup of beans and tomatoes, about 1/2 cup leftover peppers and eggplant, and about 1/4 cup of sprouts, at least, plus I ate about half of the package of sprouts while toasting the tortillas. I like to snack on raw veggies. I added 1/2 teaspoon canola mayonnaise too.

I then had an orange.

About 4, I was peckish, so I had a tablespoon of Almond Butter, no sugar, (100 calories), which has sufficed to fill me up until now at 6:27 pm, when I'm getting ready to eat dinner after I fetch myself a bottle of wine. I am a little hungry, but not starving at all.

Tonight I am making a stir fry from a mixed vegetable stir fry mix bought at Trader Joe's (In case you haven't noticed, I am a big big fan of our new grocery store). They are fresh vegetables, not frozen. I plan to make the stir fry with a little olive oil, perhaps just misted, some brown rice, some soy sauce, and I'm going to add in an egg, just to give it some umph. I had planned to make it with ahi tuna, but with my house being so cold, it has refused to defrost in time!

If I'm still hungry, I may have an orange and/or some yogurt.

I'll let you know if all goes to plan, but I don't see right now why it wouldn't. Famous last words, right? And I haven't forgotten that I promised you pizza recipes. It may be tomorrow when I actually make pizza. Until then, I'm looking for a good, not too sugary, whole-wheat crust.

Ok, dinner update.

1/2 cup brown rice.
2 cups stir fry vegetables.
4 oz. Ahi Tuna (It was defrosted after all)
2 tablespoons Soyaki sauce (Trader Joe's 80 calories).

12 oz Red Wine (I did measure :-))

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you didn't starve, and I'm a bit surprised you weren't more hungry.

    This days info: 1100 calories, 100 grams protein, 17 g protein (14% of calories from fat)

    Still more wiggle room in there!
    With this menu, you could fit in a glass or 2 of wine at night if you like.

    Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wait, i didn't see the wine ;p

    That adds on 300 calories, but hey, thats still within the goal!

    Heaven forbid we should go without the joys of wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wine is good. As far as I'm concerned, some days, it's totally worth the calories. They say that alcohol is empty calories, but those calories certainly help to fill my time more pleasurably.

    ReplyDelete